Image Header

Sunday, 4 May 2014

well THANK GOODNESS this week is coming to an end. I've not felt this exhausted in a long, long time. It seems that every year the peak of my fatigue comes just before the summer holidays and fortunately so too; I can almost see the light at the end of this dark dark tunnel.

So the horrifying experience that was rapid prototyping left my right hand in a handicap of sorts, hurting at the slightest movement of the simplest motion. It's helped me gain better control over my left hand, I must say, after having relegated a lot of the movements to my non-dominant hand but also caused much inconvenience and annoyance when I couldn't do things as fast as before. My right bicep is also significantly bigger and firmer than my left, which is an old squash hazard that has come back to haunt – it'll probably go away soon due to my largely sedentary lifestyle; can't decide if that's a good or a bad thing.

I've also been busy elfing for TWO seniors, which I now realise is a bad idea because I've had to do a whole spectrum of tasks from rendering to detailing to model-making and to printing. I must say I felt like i went through a mini-thesis doing all these things at the expense of my sleep but I take heart (or not) knowing that the real thing is going to be so much worse. Submission day was a horrible blur which saw me rushing to school to do the model but ended up editing panels and cabbing down to DMS to get them printed for two people. Thank goodness it seems that most of the seniors don't know about DMS, so the place was relatively empty, and the auntie was nice enough to clear out 3 hours to help us print it. In an elaborate display of Murphy's law, not only did the huge render turn out pixelated, but I was also caught in the peak hour shift-changing taxi period when all i had was 20 minutes to get back to school. In a stroke of luck I managed to get a cab and alighted at the school bus stop at 4.59pm (I KID YOU NOT, MY HEART WAS BEATING SO FAST) and sprinted up to the 3rd floor and handed the panels to a pair of sleepy but panic stricken seniors. 

So for 2 days after that I spent majority of my time in bed convalescing from the mental and physical stress that my battered body experienced. Yesterday however was a long day that I'm still suffering the effects of. Had dissertation consultation with CKM in the morning and then joined cell for the first time before service. 

All in all it's been a busy week and I'm glad it's coming to an end. Can't wait till Monday is over and I can have back a semblance of a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment